Let's start immediately by saying that pasta with pesto is a classic and typical recipe of Ligurian cuisine. If you are looking for a quick way to add flavor and taste to your lunch, what better dish than a timeless pasta with pesto?
Ingredients for 4 people
- 350 g Trofie
- 1 bunch Basil
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 40 g Pine nuts
- 20 g PDO Pecorino Romano cheese grated
- 20 g PDO Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
- 2 Potatoes
- 150 g Green beans
- to taste EVO oil
- to taste Salt
- Let's prepare everything we need: wash and dry the basil leaves well, pound them in a mortar with salt, peeled garlic and pine nuts. We then combine the two grated cheeses and continue to pound until a homogeneous cream is obtained.
- At this point, add 6 tablespoons of oil slowly and mix with a wooden spoon.
- We then clean the vegetables, washing them and cutting them into pieces. Put plenty of cold, salted water in a saucepan, cook the potatoes and, after 7 minutes, add the green beans. We then wait about ten minutes and throw the Trofie away, so that everything is cooked together. When the pasta and vegetables are cooked, drain everything, keeping a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water with which we will soften the pesto.
- Season with plenty of grated Parmesan, mix well and our tasty dish is ready!