- 400 g PGI Gragnano Conchiglioni Rigati
- 8 Cherry tomatoes
- 2 Cloves garlic
- to taste Fresh basil
- to taste EVO oil
- 800 g PDO grated Parmesan cheese
- First of all dedicate yourself to the preparation of the sauce; Pour the oil into a non-stick pan, fry the garlic, add the cherry tomatoes previously cut into small pieces, add salt and cook for 10/15 minutes. Finally, add the basil.
- In a saucepan, add plenty of water and bring to a boil. Add salt and cook the conchiglioni al dente.
- In the meantime that the pasta and the sauce are cooking, prepare the wafer with the previously grated Parmigiano Reggiano DOP. Heat a non-stick pan and pour the chopped Parmigiano Reggiano DOP and cook over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. After simmering it until it turns a golden colour, remove it from the heat and pour the PDO Parmigiano Reggiano onto a clean work surface. Let it cool for a couple of minutes, then shape it with your hands to form a wafer.
- Once the sauce is ready and the pasta is al dente, drain the Conchiglioni into the pan together with the sauce and sauté for a few minutes.
- Arrange the seasoned Conchiglioni in a serving dish together with the Parmesan wafer and garnish with a few fresh basil leaves and a nice sprinkling of grated Parmesan.
- The Conchiglioni with fresh cherry tomatoes, Vasinicola and crunchy Parmesan are ready to be served. A simple and tasty first course, suitable for everyone and to be brought to the table for any occasion.
Enjoy your meal!