Fusilli Corti col Buco with Squid ragout from Paranza, Smoked Provola from Monti Lattari and Basil Pesto are a delicious and energetic dish, perfect as a hearty first course to share at the table.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 350 g PGI Gragnano Fusilli Corti col Buco
- 250 g Fresh squid
- 100 g Smoked provola from Monti Lattari cheese
- 50 g Sorrento walnuts
- 10 g Pine nuts
- 50 g PDO Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 50 g PDO Pecorino Romano cheese
- 500 g Cherry tomatoes
- to taste Basil
- 1 Clove garlic
- 125 cl White wine
- to taste EVO oil
- to taste Salt and chilli pepper
- To taste it, first prepare the squid, starting by cleaning it in cold water, then finely cut both the heads and the bodies. Add the extra virgin olive oil, a clove of garlic and the chilli pepper to a pan, frying everything for a few minutes. Then add the squid and after a few minutes blend with half a glass of white wine. Once evaporated, add the tomatoes cut into small pieces, season with salt and continue cooking for about 1 hour, add a little water from time to time if appropriate.
- While the squid are cooking, prepare the pesto: wash the basil and put it in a blender together with the Sorrento walnuts, the pine nuts, the Parmigiano Reggiano DOP, the Pecorino Romano DOP, oil and salt. Blend everything until you get a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- Now dedicate yourself to cooking the Fusilli Corti col Buco in plenty of salted water, drain them al dente and transfer them to the pan with the previously heated squid ragout. Add the smoked provola cut into cubes and sauté for a few minutes over high heat. Season with the basil pesto and a drizzle of raw oil.
Enjoy your meal!