Ingredients for 4 people
- 24 PGI Gragnano Paccheri
- 4 Artichokes
- 200 g Fresh sheep’s ricotta
- 40 g PDO Ragusano cheese
- 4 Medium sized tomatoes
- 50 g Spring onions
- 1 Clove garlic
- to taste Saffron
- to taste Aromatic herbs (basil, chervil, thyme and marjoram )
- to taste EVO oil
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Clean the artichokes by removing the hardest outer leaves, cut the stems and tips. Cut the artichokes into four parts and place them in a solution of cold water and lemon. Cook them over medium heat until they are softened.
Once cooked, divide the artichokes into two parts and blend one with a blender until you get a smooth and homogeneous puree.
Combine the well-dried artichoke puree with the ricotta, add the PDO Ragusano cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, pour a ladle of hot water and add the saffron pistils (alternatively a sachet), let it melt.
- Peel the tomatoes and make a concassé, stew it in a pan with garlic and oil, seasoning with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, sauté the spring onion with the oil.
- Cook the PGI Gragnano Paccheri and drain them al dente directly into the pan with the spring onion, then add the saffron. At this point, dissolve the ricotta and artichoke filling in the microwave and stuff the Paccheri.
- Arrange the pasta on a serving dish, decorating it with the tomato, stewed artichokes and aromatic herbs.