Preparing Spaghettini di Gragnano PGI with lemon leaves is a creative way to enjoy a truly unique first course.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 380 g PGI Gragnano Spaghettini
- 4 Organic lemon
- 700 ml Water
- 130 g PDO Provolone del Monaco cheese
- 500 g Lemon leaf
- to taste EVO oil
- to taste Peppe
- Let's start by taking some untreated lemon peel, wash them and, with the help of a potato peeler, obtain strips of peel which we will put to macerate in cold water for one night. Once ready, filter the water by removing the rinds.
Carefully wash the lemon leaves, dry them by spreading them on a baking tray and cooking at 60° for about 12 hours, then pulverize them with a mixer, then pass them through a sieve and set aside in a container.
- In a large saucepan, boil the lemon water and add the Spaghettini di Gragnano PGI and a drizzle of oil. Shake them in the pan until they soften and mix gently until cooked. With the heat off, stir in flakes of Provolone del Monaco DOP.
- Serve garnishing with fresh pepper, a drizzle of oil, and a handful of lemon leaf flour. The result will be a fun and tasty first course!